Wet Planet Café is kicking off its first full season this year, and we couldn’t be more excited! Chris Singletary is the chef and mastermind behind our kickin’ menu and delicious food! Born and raised in Spartanburg, South Carolina, he has brought a taste of the southeast to the northwest – and it’s a hit!
Each day at the café, we offer a daily special. Pork nachos, a wrap of the day, or deluxe grilled cheese paired with tomato basil soup – we love to spice things up! Our standard menu items include BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches on locally baked ciabatta bread, a vibrant Greek salad, a southwestern turkey wrap, lots of salmon, and more! King Salmon Summer Rolls and a Salmon and Goat Cheese Panini are crowd favorites. Our vegetarian options include a grilled vegetable panini, hearty vegetarian chili, and Caprese skewers. Our café has something for everyone from meat lovers to vegetarians. Check out our complete Wet Planet Café menu here!
At Wet Planet Café, we are happy to announce that the food is delicious and the drinks are plentiful. We are excited to be serving the best local brews in the gorge! Come raft and draught with us and enjoy refreshing cold beer from Everybody’s Brewery and Ninkasi Brewing Co. in White Salmon and Eugene, OR. On tap now are Everybody’s Daily Bread and the Local Lager, and Ninkasi’s Total Domination IPA.
The Columbia River Gorge is as well-known for its wine as it is for its beer, and we serve local wine from two of the best – Ani Che Cellars and White Salmon Vineyard. Whether you prefer reds, whites, or a rosé, we have something for you!
In addition to our 7-day a week café, Wet Planet offers dining add-ons to your whitewater adventures!
- With our Full Day White Salmon adventure, a hearty taco salad bar with grilled pulled-chicken is served, freshly made by Chris himself. Enjoy fresh fruit and just-baked cookies before heading back out to the river! For beer-lovers and wine-lovers alike, we have the perfect package for you.
- Add a wine package to your rafting trip – Whitewater and Wine – to experience the gorge’s natural beauty capped with a glass of the finest local wine. With this package come two choices. Here on site, guests can choose a glass of wine of their choice to complement a light lunch of gourmet ciabatta sandwiches or wraps with tossed green salad, a fresh local seasonal fruit, and dessert catered by Wet Planet. With the second option, guests head to the AniChe Cellars Winery just ten minutes away to enjoy a light lunch catered by Cork & Bottle – also of gourmet sandwiches, salads, fresh local season fruit and a desert – paired with a wine tasting.
- Hankering for a hamburger when you get off the river? Book a BBQ with us! With our Raft and Draught option, one delicious, cold, local beer of your choice will be included with your meal. It will be ready and waiting for you when you get off the river – we know there’s not much that beats that!
When was passion for food sparked?
- I started washing dishes when I was 15, but my passion for food was really sparked by my Aunt Katie, who we called Katie Cookie. She would bake for us on all the holidays, and I learned to cook and bake from her and my mom.
What is your favorite food?
- I think about cheeseburgers a lot. Hmmm.. However my favorite food would definitely be Sushi. Fresh, exotic, and delicious – and refreshing in that it is not anything that I usually prepare and serve.
You have a chicken. What’s your favorite way to cook it?
- Fry it! I’m from the south!
What is your favorite aspect of cooking?
- It’s always changing and you can always create something new and different. Always fun and exciting and keeps you on your toes (literally and figuratively!).
What do you think is most important in food service? Presentation, service, food quality, etc.?
- You eat with your eyes first, but of course you want everything to have great ingredients because that is the basis of your results.
Whitewater! How does this come into play?
- I love kayaking! It’s great to get the opportunity to combine 2 passions of mine – cooking and whitewater.
What are your thoughts on having the opportunity to create your own menu, cafe, etc.?
- It’s fun! Creating a menu is fun. I’m really excited to bring a taste of the southeast to the northwest. For example I use a mustard based BBQ sauce from low country South Carolina – delicious. Also, I’m really excited to serve all of our menu items with breads from a local bakery – Blue Sky. It’s a unique opportunity and I know what I’m serving is fresh and that it is homemade and local is great.
Author Hayley Spear spends her summers in the Columbia River Gorge and enjoys paddling, hiking, and exploring as often as she can.