This Valentine’s Day weekend, go play outside with your Valentine! Or your friends. Or anyone, really. Playing outside makes people happy and brings them together – we see it happen every day when folks return from the river with that happy and relaxed glow on their faces. Hiking, mountain biking, or rafting with a group, the effects are the same! It doesn’t matter what the activity is, just get outside.
There’s even some science behind our claim that getting outside makes you happy. You can read about it in this study in Outside magazine.
So, in an effort to encourage everyone to get outside this Valentine’s Day weekend, we’re hosting the Wet Planet Valentine’s Day Photo Contest.
Here’s how it works:
- Get outside this weekend – with your Valentine, a friend, a group of friends, anyone.
- Take a photo of you playing outside.
- Post that photo on Instagram or Twitter, with the tag #wetplanetoutside
- We’ll select our favorite photos and post them on the Wet Planet Blog
- The winner will be determined with a vote (the most “likes” will determine the winner).
A few rules and details:
- To enter photos must be posted to either Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #wetplanetoutside
- Entries must be posted between Valentine’s Day February 14th and Sunday February 15th (12:00 am on the 14th to 11:59 pm on the 15th).
- We will post our favorites to the Wet Planet Blog on Tuesday February 17th.
- You can vote for your favorite photo by “liking” the image. It’s simple, just click the Facebook “like” button.
- Voting ends at midnight on Sunday February 22nd.
- The photo with the most votes (likes) wins.
- We’ll announce the winning entry on Monday February 23rd.