Date Available: April, this is a seasonal job
Job Title: Wet Planet Sales & Reservations team member
Based at: Wet Planet Headquarters
Reporting to: Office Manager & Sales Lead
This seasonal position is part of a sales & reservations team which answers phone calls, responds to online inquiries, sells trips, makes reservations, and processes reservations. The work environment is professional, in an informal setting.
Period: 6 to 7 months. (march/april through September)
- General interest in the outdoor industry, and Wet Planet offerings.
- Outgoing enthusiastic personality
- Enjoys teamwork, and welcomes direction.
- Ability to communicate well and effectively, both verbal and written, with guests, river staff and other base staff.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the Service industry, Outdoor Industry & Guest Service industry. Marketing and Sales experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a very organized and goal oriented manner.
- Full time availability during the season of operation (April through September), including Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Full time is 5 days a week.
- Have basic computer skills (i.e. email, Excel, Word, internet)
- Show interest in personal development of skills and knowledge required for the job and further growth within the company (i.e. experience each Wet Planet trip/course and relevant training).
- Live in Columbia Gorge Area.
- Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answering high volume of phone calls in a courteous manner, following the Wet Planet phone protocol.
- Being educated on all Wet Planet trips, courses, and other (marketing) programs, in order to feel comfortable and enthusiastically provide information with the focus to sell trips/courses.
- Logging all phone inquiries, followed by strategic email/phone follow up plan.
- Processing reservations, including data entry and processing payments.
- Assisting with data entry of guest information of past river trips.
- Communicating trip schedule changes to supervisor.
- Providing the highest level of Guest Service by helping guests organize their trips (providing trip information and general area information).
- Assisting with marketing projects.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work space.
April through September
Seasonal, $11 – $12 per hour, depending on experience.
Check out our current employment opportunities:
For questions, comments, or to talk with someone directly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.877.390.9445
If you have any doubt that team WET PLANET is one of the industry’s leaders, check out some of our key staff.