Date Available: April, this is a seasonal job
Job Title: Wet Planet Base Staff – Retail & Guests Services (full time or part time)
Based at: Wet Planet Headquarters
Reporting to: Base Staff – Store Supervisor
- This position is part of a team of people which form the welcoming face of Wet Planet to arriving guests, and visitors to our store.
- Team members work in the retail store selling souvenirs and photos, check-in arriving guests, in combination with working the espresso bar as a barista. Additionally, skills will be developed to take photos during our river trips, which are sold in the store upon return of the guests.
- Team members are occasionally asked to drive shuttle for any of our river trips and classes. The work environment is professional, in an informal setting.
Period: 6 months (april through September)
- General interest in the outdoor industry, and Wet Planet offerings.
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate well with guests, river staff and other base staff.
- At least 1 years of work experience in the Service industry.
- Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised for short periods of times.
- Full time or part time availability during the season of operation (April through September). Has to be available to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Full time is 5 days a week.
- Have basic computer skills (i.e. photo programs)
- Show interest in personal development of skills and knowledge required for the job (i.e. interest to experience each Wet Planet trip/course, learn photography, commercial drivers license)
- Live in Columbia Gorge Area.
- Valid Food Service card for Washington State (can be obtained upon hiring)
- Although the environment is informal, a professional appearance and conduct is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing the highest level of Guest Service by helping guests in the store with check-in for trips, retail sales, or general information.
- Be educated on all Wet Planet offerings, in order to comfortably provide information to sell trips and courses.
- Providing a welcoming professional atmosphere in the store by pro-actively helping and communicating enthusiastically with guests.
- Assisting with check-in of guests, arriving at Wet Planet for their trips.
- Assisting with data entry of guest waivers, upon departure of guests to river.
- Assisting with answering high volume of phone calls in a courteous manner, following the Wet Planet phone protocol.
- Taking photos on river in Husum, and sell in store.
- Assisting River Manager with shuttle driving
- Assisting with food prep for trips or BBQ events when needed
- Taking part in opening and closing procedures, which include cleaning shop at the end of each day.
- Help maintaining a clean and organized work space.
April through September
$9 – $11 per hour, depending on experience.
Check out our current employment opportunities:
For questions, comments, or to talk with someone directly, email us at email@example.com or call us at 1.877.390.9445
If you have any doubt that team WET PLANET is one of the industry’s leaders, check out some of our key staff.