Interested in being a part of the Wet Planet team? Check out the Wet Planet employment opportunities below for the 2019 season and join our professional, experienced, and stellar crew, also referred to as the “Wet Planet Family”. Each year, many of our staff return, appreciating the abundance of beautiful rivers to boat, the spectacular Columbia River Gorge area we get to live in, and the high quality, professional yet informal family atmosphere we have created at Wet Planet.
Please fill out this online application. Be sure to also submit a cover letter, resume, and any other pertinent information as needed for the position(s) to which you are applying (certifications, river log, etc.).
Note that you may indicate on your application if you are interested in working part time on the river, and part time in a different job ‘at Base’, such as working as a server or cook at the Cafe & Grill, marketing & reservations in the office, driving shuttle, or slinging espresso or taking photos as part of the base team.
Our season of operations: Our season starts April 1st through September 30, 2019. Depending on position, you will be invited to start either in April, May or June. All full time positions for listed employment opportunities require full availability during July and August, through Labor Day weekend.
FOOD SERVICES – Full-time and part-time positions available at the Wet Planet café. Responsibilities can include food preparation and/or serving, assisting with catered group events, preparing river meals for rafting and kayaking trips. Must be courteous, friendly, and enjoy working in an fun outdoor environment! Required: Washington Food Handler’s permit, Washington Alcohol Server’s permit. Typical shift hours are great: 11 AM to 7 PM. Open Positions:
- Cafe & Grill – Front-of-House Supervisor, Front of the House servers (possibly combined with Base Support Staff) (full time / April or May – through Mid September)
- Cook (cafe & events) (full time / May – through Mid September)
BASE OPERATIONS – SUPPORT STAFF – The crew that does a little bit of everything! Welcome our guests, provide top-notch guest service before/after trips in the shop, selling photos, and serving espresso drinks; take rafting trip photos; make reservations; drive shuttle to/from the river. It is the central hub at Wet Planet, and at times hectic, but where we create a warm, comfortable ambience for our guests. Must be friendly, energetic, outgoing, enjoy good guest service and pay attention to detail. Required: Washington Food Handler’s permit.
MARKETING & SALES OFFICE:
- Reservations Specialist – (full time, or part time split position with other department / April thru September) Provide detailed guest service in helping guests make online and phone reservations. Help maintain organization and quality guest care between reservations process and river trips. Assist with administrative support. Should have strong attention to detail, friendly demeanor, good communication skills, office experience and enjoy good guest service.
- Marketing Assistant – (part time split position with other department / April thru September) Are you good with words? Are you a skilled and experienced writer? Do you see a good picture before you take it? Does social media get you excited beyond posting your own updates? Please join our team.
DRIVING & MAINTENANCE – Full Time driver for river shuttles and to help with daily vehicle and facilities maintenance. Required: Current CDL license with air break endorsement. (Full time and Part time from April through September)
- Day trips – paddle raft guide: Experienced part-time, and on-call raft guides. Previous experience guiding on class III-IV whitewater necessary. Must be available July and August. Required: CPR and First Aid certifications. Preferred and recommended: swiftwater rescue certifications, WFR.
- Multi-day trips – rowing guide: You love multi-day trips and sharing that passion enthusiastically & professionally with your guests. Previous experience guiding multi-day trips on class III-IV whitewater necessary. Must be available July and August. Required: CPR and First Aid certifications. Preferred and recommended: swiftwater rescue certifications, WFR.
- Lead instructors and assistants for beginner, intermediate, and private kayak instruction. Required: CPR and First Aid certifications. Preferred: swiftwater certifications, WFR, ACA certified. Lead kayak instructor positions require RRC, WFR, and ACA certifications ( Full time and Part time / May thru September).
- Marketing Assistant Kayak School – love kayaking and sharing that stoke with the rest of the world? We are looking for passionate instructors who’d enjoy joining the marketing team when not on the river. (Part time / May thru September)
RIVER RESCUE INSTRUCTOR: Certified and experienced instructor for teaching Rescue3 certifying SRT classes, and Sierra Rescue certifying RRC/RRC Pro classes. Please email for more information.
INTERNSHIPS: – If interested, please submit a proposal for your intended internship and desired duties/work.
For questions, comments, would like to hear more information about our employment opportunities in 2019, a specific job and talk with someone directly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.877.390.9445. We look forward to hearing from you.